Disclaimer

This is my voice, my story, my opinions, my beliefs...

"If they love your work that is always great. If they despise it, it is also a compliment... At least they felt something! Make them feel it." ~Anna Jorgenson

Monday, June 6, 2011

change within, change the world.

"If the thought comes that says you aren't good enough, tell that thought to go to Hell, because that is where it came from!"
That, my friends, is what I learned in church today. HA! A beautiful quote by who knows whom, I should find out. But what does it mean? You know the thought, "Boo! you suck." or, "No, you can't." Like that little engine who could... Sometimes, I want to tell that little engine to shut the hell up. Sometimes it gets to be more than I can bare. Sometimes, it just seems like it would be easier for everyone if I just disappeared. Even for myself. To just escape. I may just do that one of these days, so don't even panic if it happens.
In all honesty though, I feel like no matter what at least ONE person has to care, right? At least one person, or maybe one thing. Maybe, even if you live all alone and have no one, know no one, maybe you still have a pet, or a little house-plant. I bet house-plants care... yeah, I went there.
I always get off track. Back to what I was saying.
We get these thoughts, these thoughts of no worth at all. They tell us that we aren't good enough, not strong enough, not worth anything. These thoughts really are just nasty liars. Who likes a liar? Who listens to a liar? Not me. At least, I try not to. The way I see it is that every person, no matter where they come from, how they are raised, what they believe, is worth everything and deserves nothing but kindness. Do we always get it? Not a chance. That is the crummy thing about it. Of course, in order to receive kindness, love, compassion, etc, we have to give it, or at least try. Which is the tricky part. I am well aware of idiotic freaks who annoy all things good out of me... And I definitely let them know on occasion. It is a problem, the filter system, the nonexistent filtering system in me. A problem, yes, but a doable fix.
What we need to remember, though, is that people are full of surprises. Sometimes not in the good way. Sometimes the ones you held most dear let you fall flat on your face when you had already fallen on your ass. Just remember that it sucks. And it might suck for a while, but you definitely don't deserve it and cannot dwell on it! I don't care what you have or haven't done. Plus, dwelling on unhappy things never helped anyone. Action, action helps. There would still be horrific slavery, people being herded like cattle, people being slaughtered for looking at someone "wrong," smoking in restaurants, no freedoms, civilizations being wiped out, differences being viewed as dangerous insects, had no one THOUGHT to stand up, take action, and make a change.
You can't feel love until you give it. You can't feel happiness until you spread it. The world will not know peace until you share it.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Change begins with us. That change happens inside. A change of heart, a change of mind. So tell those thoughts, those nagging, unforgiving, hateful thoughts to "go to Hell, because that is where they came from." And make a change. To someone, even if it is just for you, it will make a mighty difference.

After all, it may change the world. The world could use a little change for the better.

~ miss Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment