Disclaimer

This is my voice, my story, my opinions, my beliefs...

"If they love your work that is always great. If they despise it, it is also a compliment... At least they felt something! Make them feel it." ~Anna Jorgenson

Sunday, June 19, 2011

dear daddy,

It's Father's Day, again. This time, we get along.  I have always been a "daddy's girl," always wanting to do the camping thing, make you proud, I have taken after you in so many ways. We are two opposite souls, Dad. This meant war for a while there. I'm so happy that you either see or are pretending to see where I'm coming from, as I have always tried to see your perspective on things.
I just wanted to take this time out to reflect on the good times we have shared. Moments that don't look so special from an outside view, but that I hold close to my heart always.
Daddy, I remember the first time I saw you really cry. It made me believe that you really were human, and not a feelingless macho man. It meant a lot to me to see you break down for just a second. I know that sounds bad, I don't mean that I want you to be sad, just that it was nice to see a soft side of you. Not trying to be so tough, like we all do, a family trait.
Camping and adventuring are things that you do well. I always love and look forward to hanging out with you outside. We share an appreciation for the simplest of things. Things that other people don't think to notice, beautiful miracles that I cannot imagine leaving unnoticed.
I could go on and on. I just want to say that I am glad that we are friends these days. I know you have been trying really hard, it shows, and it means a lot to me. I'm trying too. I am trying to make you proud.
I love you, Daddy. We are in this together. I think of that photo of you and I, when I was just a baby. We are both asleep, me in my swimmer, tucked in my daddy's arms.
Love, Your Critter Gitter
~miss Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment