Disclaimer

This is my voice, my story, my opinions, my beliefs...

"If they love your work that is always great. If they despise it, it is also a compliment... At least they felt something! Make them feel it." ~Anna Jorgenson

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

dads and daughters


READ THIS-->  50 Rules for Dads of Daughters <--READ THIS

I just read this blog and it brought tears to my eyes for a couple reasons.
A- Because it is a beautiful list and I hope that one day the father of my children will do it like this.

AND
B- Because my own daddy did a few of these things... Some big ones, he did not. We still have troubles understanding one another a lot of the time.
Number 18 tugs at my heart string the hardest. 


"18. Tell her she’s beautiful. Say it over and over again. Someday an animated movie or “beauty” magazine will try to convince her otherwise."

I don't remember my dad ever telling me I was beautiful. I heard mostly the opposite from him. He always was telling me that I needed to loose weight. Even when I was in elementary school. I have spent a lot of money and countless years worth of time trying to please him. Trying to look beautiful enough for Daddy. I have starved myself, purged, joined all of the weight loss programs, bought all of the supplies, done all of the things that they tell you to do and not to do... One day, he'll say, "Wow, Joz! You look beautiful!" He'll say that word. That day, I will believe it.

"...All little girls should be told they are pretty, even if they aren't." ~Marilyn Monroe

Remember this daddy's. The whole list, really. Your girls may act like they don't care what you think or say about or to them, but it is your opinion that is one of the most important to them. What you don't want is for them to really not care. That is a tragedy indeed.

I love my dad. He really is amazing. We've had our ups and downs, but what are fathers for? No one is perfect. Least of all, me.

Be sure to click the link at the top of this page! It really is fantastic. 

*.*Happy Holidays*.*

~miss Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment