Disclaimer

This is my voice, my story, my opinions, my beliefs...

"If they love your work that is always great. If they despise it, it is also a compliment... At least they felt something! Make them feel it." ~Anna Jorgenson

Sunday, December 25, 2011

"Twas the night before Christmas..."

...and all through the house, not a creature was stirring... 
except for me, of course!
Christmas Eve, 2011 for about one more minute! (11:59) By the time I finish this sentence, it will be Christmas... .. .There! 
Merry Christmas, World! Also, Happy Holidays to all of you non-Christians out there. You know, in the U.S. Christianity is really huge. It is mind blowing, sometimes, to think about all of the culture in this world! To some, December 25th has no meaning whatsoever. Mind. Blown.


Today, my family celebrated Christmas early. We did this so my sister and her daughter could be a part of the festivities. Christmas is magic when little kids are around. They really make everything so special.
This past week has been very strange. I have felt weird, guys. I can't even explain it. Before yesterday, I was definitely not feeling the "holiday spirit." That all changed around midnight, though. My mom had three quilts made. One for my sister, one for me, and one for my little brother. Out of all of my gifts this year, it was by far my favorite. She said it is so even when one of us is gone, we can always have her arms around us... Me, being the big boob I am, had to cry. I am just one sack of emotions today. (We women get that way on occasion.) I got that holiday spirit, I suppose.
So as I am sitting here, wrapped up in my new quilt, I just want to go for a drive. It has been a long time since I have done that. I'm definitely due for one, that's for sure. Plus, I took a very long nap late in the afternoon today. As such, I am more ruined than usual for sleeping.
Tomorrow morning, around 8:45 AM, I will be dragged to church and probably have to sit on the front row... It shouldn't be too bad, it is a "Special Christmas Meeting." We'll see about that. My big thing is just that, I never go, so everyone will be asking me about my life... Which, if I wanted them to know, I would volunteer that information, don't you think? Or, I guess, I would direct them to read this blog. Even here, though, it is hard to write it all down. I like to remain a mystery in some ways! 
I'm rambling.
Think of sugar plums, candy canes, hooves on the rooftops... Chestnuts... All that jazz.
Good night all.


~miss Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment