Disclaimer

This is my voice, my story, my opinions, my beliefs...

"If they love your work that is always great. If they despise it, it is also a compliment... At least they felt something! Make them feel it." ~Anna Jorgenson

Monday, May 23, 2011

sick




" 'I cannot go to school today,'Said little Peggy Ann McKay.'I have the measles and the mumps, A gash, a rash and purple bumps.My mouth is wet, my throat is dry, I'm going blind in my right eye.My tonsils are as big as rocks, I've counted sixteen chicken poxAnd there's one more-that's seventeen, And don't you think my face looks green? My leg is cut-my eyes are blue-It might be instamatic flu.I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke, I'm sure that my left leg is broke-My hip hurts when I move my chin, My belly button's caving in, My back is wrenched, my ankle's sprained, My 'pendix pains each time it rains.My nose is cold, my toes are numb.I have a sliver in my thumb.My neck is stiff, my voice is weak, I hardly whisper when I speak.My tongue is filling up my mouth, I think my hair is falling out.My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight, My temperature is one-o-eight.My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear, There is a hole inside my ear.I have a hangnail, and my heart is-what? What's that? What's that you say? You say today is...Saturday? G'bye, I'm going out to play!' "
~Shel Silverstein 

I wish I was faking it. Tonsillitis is like Gorilla Tape. It doesn't mess around! My mom used to read me the Shel Silverstein poem books, A Light in the Attic, Falling Up, Where the Sidewalk Ends... I love his work. His poem, "Sick" was always one of my favorites....

Well, my tonsils are, in fact, as big as rocks, and I need to become horizontal, again, pronto. 

~miss Rae 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment