Disclaimer

This is my voice, my story, my opinions, my beliefs...

"If they love your work that is always great. If they despise it, it is also a compliment... At least they felt something! Make them feel it." ~Anna Jorgenson

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

like doe-eyed Bambi...

So today I bawled my eyes out watching Bambi... I was super sick of watching the same little movies with Adelyn, my niece. Lately we have been watching Monster's Inc., Megamind, Tangled, Cars... Don't get me wrong, they are all pretty great movies, but I was not in the mood to watch them for the umteenth time! So I picked one of my favorite childhood movies. Turns out this movie is actually so sad. EVEN MORE SAD THAN I THOUGHT! Not only does poor Bambi's momma die in a tragic hunting scenario, but those bastard murderous freaks also shoot at anything that moves throughout the whole movie! I'm super against hunting in the first place... I personally think it is sick and wrong that people get their jollies out of killing poor animals. It's one thing if you live out in the boonies and to hunt is to survive, keep you warm at night. Nah, no problem with hunting the big guy for nourishment. But can I just say something? Okay, here I go.
If you go out shooting, bashing, whatever, for fun, shooting birds, little creatures, etc, because its (and I am using this word again,) because it is fun, YOU HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM AND ARE GOING TO BE A SERIAL KILLER FREAK WHEN YOU GROW UP! that is all. In fact, on a side note, I once had a crush on this boy when I was in high school, and then I found out that he goes "bunny bashing" with his bastard friends. CRUSH OVER! That is so disgusting. For those of you who don't know, bunnies actually scream, they SCREAM, and cry and you can hear them right before they get "bashed" with the golf club, or bat, or whatever other sick instrument is being used. This is what gets these losers excited? Wow, you are sexy...? Not. So repulsive. Have fun being in an abusive relationship with those "hotties," ladies.
ANYWAY...
In Bambi stupid hunters not only shoot at everything, but they have like a thousand nasty dogs that supposedly hunt for the hunter, taking down the beast and hurting it before the guy can show up and kill it, leave their camp fire unattended and burn down the forest!? What is that?! Poor Bambi gets shot. GETS SHOT and is laying there for quite a while... and this is where I got really upset... no hunter ever shows up to put him out of his misery, strap him to the hood of his jeep, NOTHING! So Bambi survives, which is happy. He fathers some twin fawns with his foxy doe eyed girlfriend, Faline.
All is well that ends well? Well, all of those little animals still had to completely relocate from their woodland home to keep from getting murdered or fried crispy. So sad.

While I am on my tree hugging rant and movie representation of such things, I recommend Ferngully. When I was little, this movie was literally one of my favorites. I just liked all the little fairies! I had no idea it was a complete hippy go free free, let's save the rain forest movie! Anyway, it really is a good movie. It also shows how man has taken over what we were put on this earth to "coexist" with. In peace and harmony, unit and be one with the earth. Not bend it over and make it be what we want it to be...

And that is all I have to say about that, I think. Now, go plant a tree or pick up some garbage... Recycle that water bottle, dude.

~miss Rae

2 comments:

  1. yo... my name is Battie... That's all i remember from FernGully :) however... i did buy a handful of childhood movies at a thrift store today. I'm all about trips down memory lane! that's usually why my gas tank is close to empty...

    ReplyDelete